Second Oxford Brain Mechanics Workshop
Jan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
|Where||Mathematical Institute, Oxford|
|Add event to calendar||
Organisers: Dr Antoine Jérusalem, Professor Alain Goriely and Dr Lili Zhang
- David Edwards, Kings College London, UK
- Anthony Bull, Imperial College London, UK
- Lee Goldstein, Boston University, USA
- Gerhard Holtzapfel, Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Fernando Maestu, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Riyi Shi, Purdue University, USA
- Nick Ward, University College London, UK
- Richard Stacey, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
- Stephen Payne, University of Oxford, UK
- Jeremiah Murphy, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Nicholas de Pennington, Oxford University Hospital, UK
- Jay Jayamohan, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
- Ellen Kuhl, Stanford University, USA
- Waney Squier, Oxford University Hospital, UK
About the Workshop
The 2014 Oxford Brain Mechanics Workshop will focus on various aspects of brain mechanics including pathology, injury and healing. It will be a truly interdisciplinary workshop with speakers and participants from Medical Sciences, Neuroscience, Biology, Engineering, Physics and Mathematics.
The aim of the workshop is to foster new collaborative partnerships and facilitate the dissemination of ideas. To this end, the two-day workshop on January 13-14th 2014, in Oxford, will showcase the work of researchers from different fields in an informal atmosphere. Everybody is welcome to attend but (free) registration is required.
The workshop is organised by the Oxford Centre for Collaborative Applied Mathematics (OCCAM) and the newly founded International Brain Mechanics and Trauma Lab based in Oxford. The IBMTL is an international collaboration on projects related to brain mechanics and trauma. This multidisciplinary team is motivated by the need to study brain cell and tissue mechanics and its relation with brain functions, diseases or trauma.