Information on Independent Research Fellowships
The IBME welcomes applications from suitably qualified early and intermediate career researchers with a PhD (or who are about to obtain one) wishing to apply for independent researcher or personal support scheme fellowships to join our Institute.
The following links provide information on some external Fellowship schemes. Please check your eligibility for a given scheme before approaching a potential supervisor or mentor in the Institute and contact them well in advance of the application deadline.
- BBSRC David Phillips Fellowship
- Daphne Jackson Fellowships
- EPSRC Fellowships: applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- ERC Starting Independent Researcher Grants
- Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowships for Career Development (IEF)
- Marie Curie Incoming International Fellowships (IIF)
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowship Scheme (RAEng)
- Royal Commission 1851 Research Fellowships
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Royal Society Newton Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship (Wellcome Trust)
Oxford colleges also offer from time to time, Junior Research Fellowships (JRFs) which are advertised in the University Gazette.
For internal applicant the MPLS Skills Training for Researcher Team organises an event on applying for personal fellowships and how to be a successful applicant.