I am currently a post-doctoral researcher exploring novel MR imaging technologies such as Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer (CEST) MRI and Arterial Spin Labelling (ASL) MRI for their utility in cancer imaging. We aim to develop new methods for the quantification of metabolism and perfusion using CEST and ASL for cancer imaging and investigate how such measures can be used for the modelling of function in tumours from preclinical and clinical images acquired on site, and how these correlate to or complement more conventional quantitative cancer imaging techniques (such as DCE-MRI, DCE-CT or PET).
Previous research has focused on the use of dynamic contrast enhanced MRI and diffusion weighted MRI to asses treatment response.
Awards and Scholarships
Young Medical Physics Award 2011: Danish Society of Medical Physics
- Mohamed, S.; Kallehauge, J. F.; Fokdal L.; Lindegaard J. C.; & Tanderup K.; Parametrial boosting in locally advanced cervical cancer: combined intracavitary/interstitial brachytherapy versus intracavitary brachytherapy plus external beam radiotherapy, Brachytherapy, 2014, (Accepted)
- Kallehauge, J. F.; Tanderup K.; Haack S.; Pedersen E. M.; Lindegaard J. C.; Fokdal L.; Mohamed S. & Nielsen T.; Tracer kinetic model selection for dynamic contrast enhanced MRI of locally advanced cervical cancer Acta Oncologica, 2014, 53, pp. 1064-1072
- Casares-Magaz O.; Toftegaard J.; Muren L.P; Kallehauge, J. F.; Bassler N.; Poulsen P. R. & Petersen J.B; A method for selection of beam angles robust to intra-fractional motion in proton therapy of lung cancer. Acta Oncologica, 2014, 53, pp.1058-1063
- Haack S.; Kallehauge, J. F.; Jespersen S. N.; Lindegaard J. C.; Tanderup K. & Pedersen E.M. Correction of diffusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging for brachytherapy of locally advanced cervical cancer. Acta Oncologica, 2014. 53, pp.1073-1078
- Vestergaard A.; Kallehauge, J. F.; Petersen J.B.; Høyer M.; Søndergaard J. & Muren L.P. An adaptive radiotherapy planning strategy for bladder cancer using deformation vector fields Radiother Oncol, 2014. (In press)
- Assenholt M. S.; Vestergaard A.; Kallehauge, J. F.; Mohamed S.; Nielsen S. K.; Petersen J.B.; Fokdal L.; Lindegaard J. C. & Tanderup K. Proof of principle: Applicator-guided stereotactic IMRT boost in combination with 3D MRI-based brachytherapy in locally advanced cervical cancer Brachytherapy. Brachytherapy, 2014, 13, pp. 361-368.
- Kallehauge, J. F.; Nielsen T.; Haack S.; Peters D. A.; Mohamed S.; Fokdal L.; Lindegaard J.C.; Hansen D. C.; Rasmussen F.; Tanderup K. & Pedersen E. M. Voxelwise comparison of perfusion parameters estimated using DCE-MRI and DCE-CT in locally advanced cervical cancer. Acta Oncologica, 2013, 52, pp. 1360-1368.
- Busk, M.; Mortensen, L.; Nordsmark, M.; Overgaard, J.; Jakobsen, S.; Hansen, K.; Theil, J.; Kallehauge, J.; D'Andrea, F.; Steiniche, T. & Horsman, M. PET hypoxia imaging with FAZA: Reproducibility at baseline and during fractionated radiotherapy in tumour-bearing mice. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2013, 40, 186-197
- Mortensen, L.; Johansen, J.; Kallehauge, J.; Primdahl, H.; Busk, M.; Lassen, P.; Alsner, J.; Sørensen, B.; Toustrup, K.; Jakobsen, S.; Petersen, J.; Petersen, H.; Theil, J.; Nordsmark, M. & Overgaard, J. FAZA PET/CT hypoxia imaging in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck treated with radiotherapy: Results from the DAHANCA 24 trial Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2012, 105, 14-20
- Nyeng, T.; Kallehauge, J.; Høyer, M.; Petersen, J.; Poulsen, P. & Muren, L. Clinical validation of a 4D-CT based method for lung ventilation measurement in phantoms and patients, Acta Oncologica, 2011, 50, 897-907
- Haack, S.; Jespersen, S.; Fokdal, L.; Lindegaard, J.; Kallehauge, J.; Tanderup, K. & Pedersen, E. Diffusion weighted MRI (DWI) for brachytherapy in locally advanced cervical cancer - Determining the degree of distortion at 1.5T and 3T MRI. IFMBE Proceedings, 2011, 34 IFMBE, 172-175
- Haack, S.; Pedersen, E.; Jespersen, S.; Kallehauge, J.; Lindegaard, J. & Tanderup,K. Apparent diffusion coefficients in GEC ESTRO target volumes for image guided adaptive brachytherapy of locally advanced cervical cancer Acta Oncologica, 2010, 49, 978-983
- Kallehauge, J.; Tanderup, K.; Haack, S.; Nielsen, T.; Muren, L.; Fokdal, L.; Lindegaard, J. & Pedersen, E. Apparent Diffusion Coefficient (ADC) as a quantitative parameter in diffusion weighted MR imaging in gynecologic cancer: Dependence on b-values used. Acta Oncologica, 2010, 49, 1017-1022
- Wells, J.; Handrup, K.; Kallehauge, J.; Gammelgaard, L.; Bøggild, P.; Balslev, M.; Hansen, J.; Petersen, P. & Hofmann, P. The conductivity of Bi(111) investigated with nanoscale four point probes. Journal of Applied Physics, 2008, 104
- Wells, J.; Kallehauge, J. & Hofmann, P. Surface-sensitive conductance measurements on clean and stepped semiconductor surfaces: Numerical simulations of four point probe measurements. Surface Science, 2008, 602, 1742-1749
- Wells, J. W.; Kallehauge, J. F. & Hofmann, P. Thermal switching of the electrical conductivity of Si(111)(sqrt(3)x sqrt(3))Ag due to a surface phase transition. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2007, 19, 176008
- Wells, J.; Kallehauge, J.; Hansen, T. & Hofmann, P. Disentangling surface, bulk, and space-charge-layer conductivity in Si(111)-(7x7) Physical Review Letters, 2006, 97
- RapidArc-plan complexity evaluation using four different complexity metrics, ESTRO annual meeting, Barcelona, Spain, September 2010, Oral presentation Radiotherapy and Oncology, Volume 96, p. 153.
- Combining image guided adaptive brachytherapy and hypo fractionated IMRT boost: proof of principle in cervical cancer. ABS conference, San Diego, USA, April 2011, Poster presentation Brachytherapy, Volume 10, Supplement 1, May 2011, p. S100.
- Correlation between in-vivo dosimetry and 3D dose volume parameters in PDR Brachytherapy of cervical cancer. ESTRO Anniversary meeting, London, England, May 2011, Oral presentation. Radiotherapy and Oncology, Volume 99, p. 119
- Temporal changes in DCE-MRI parameters during treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer. DSMF annual meeting, Nyborg, Denmark, April 2012, Oral presentation.
- Temporal changes in DCE-MRI parameters during treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer. ESTRO annual meeting, Barcelona, Spain, May 2012, Oral presentation. Radiotherapy and Oncology, Volume 103, Supplement 1, May 2012, p. S73
- Comparison of DWI-MRI and DCE-MRI for locally advanced cervical cancer. ESTRO annual meeting, Geneva, Switzerland, April 2013, Oral presentation. Radiotherapy and Oncology, Volume 106, Supplement 2, p. 557.
- Model Parameter Correlation for DCE-MRI in Advanced Cervical Cancer. ISMRM 21st annual meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, April 2013, Poster presentation.
- Deformation field in plan selection strategy for bladder cancer patients. ICCR, Melbourne, Australia, May 2013, Poster Presentation.
- Planning study comparing Bone marrow sparing IMRT against IMPT for para-aortic radiotherapy in gynecologic malignancies. PTCOG 52th annual meeting, Essen, Germany, June 2013, Poster presentation.
- Comparison study of DCE-CT and DCE-MR in advanced cervical cancer. BIGART conference, Aarhus, Denmark, June 2013, Oral presentation.3
- Bayesian modelling of cervical cancer DCE MRI data: remote AIF vs. local AIF. WMICSeoul, Korea, Sept 2014
- Diffusion weighted MRI for radiotherapy treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer – treatment response assessment using different segmentation methods. ISMRM 22st annual meeting, Milan, Italy, May 2014, Poster presentation.
- Tracer Kinetic Model selection for Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer. MRinRT annual meeting, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, May 2014, Oral Presentation
- DWI correction using deformable image registration and B0 field map unwarping for brachytherapy in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer, MRinRT annual meeting, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, May 2014, Poster presentation
- Tracer model selection for dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of locally advanced cervical cancer, NACP annual meeting, Turku, Finland, May, 2014. Oral presentation
JF Kallehauge Repeated quantitative functional MRI during radiotherapy of locally advanced cervical cancer, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark, 2013
Dr Jesper F. Kallehauge
Post-doctoral research fellow
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus Research Building (off Roosevelt Drive), Oxford, OX3 7DQ
(+44) 01865 617716